This action concerns subsidising businesses in order to recruit/employ highly qualified scientific personnel (researchers - technicians) so that they implement specific proposals for research activities. Under the program proposals for research activities can be submitted by undertakings:
- of the public and private sector
- from all sectors of the economy
- of all sizes
Conditions to be met by the benefiting undertaking:
- Personnel proposed for recruitment (researchers and technicians) must not have been employed in any form of employment by the undertaking or any other undertaking in which the former holds more than 50% (or vice versa) over the past 12 months from the submission of the proposal.
- The maximum number of researchers per undertaking allowed to receive subsidy is two (2); the maximum number of technical personnel is one (1).
- The undertaking shall enter into a fixed-duration full-time exclusive employment relationship with his/her employee who will be employed by the undertaking for a minimum of 18 and a maximum of 36 months.
- The undertaking shall not lay off any personnel with qualifications equivalent to the ones held by researchers under recruitment for a period of 12 months from the start of the program.
- The aid obtained by the undertaking under this notice, added to any other aid the undertaking has obtained or is expected to obtain (including aids provided for by TEMPME), under the EU Regulation on aid below the de minimis thresholds over the past three years until the date of inclusion of the proposal shall not exceed €200,000. The above mentioned amount shall reach €100,000 for businesses active in the field of road transport.
Conditions to be met by the personnel who will be subsidised:
- Nationality: any. For foreign researchers (L.3284/2004 "Code of Greek Citizenship", Treaty of Rome, Article 17 "Citizenship of the Union") a residence and work permit shall be ensured for the whole duration of the project (if necessary, depending on the country of origin).
- "Research personnel" are doctorate graduates from Greece or abroad.
- "Technical personnel" are University and Technological Educational Institute (TEI) graduates from Greece or abroad (holders of post-graduate diplomas may also participate).
- Fulfilment of military service or statutory exemption (for male candidates). Candidates serving their military service also have the right to participate, provided that they will have fulfilled their military obligations by the date of signature of the contract with the undertaking. This is not required for employees coming from member states where there is no compulsory military service. The necessary supporting documents (Type A Military Status Certificate) shall be submitted before signing the contract
Areas of Scientific Research
No area of modern research shall be excluded on condition that they fall within the scope of Commission Regulation (EC) No 1998/2006 on de minimis aid.
The proposals shall be classified at the choice of the person submitting them into the following broad scientific areas:
- Α. Natural Sciences, Engineering and Space Sciences
- Β. Life Sciences
- C. Information and Communications Sciences and Technologies
- D. Humanities and Social Sciences
- Ε. Energy-Environment-Transport