This Action provides support for the cooperation between Greek and Chinese enterprises through the joint implementation of large scale Research & Technological Development (R&TD) projects. In particular, the implementation of R&TD projects will be financed in specific thematic fields and activities
- contribute directly or indirectly to the production of new or improved competitive products/services, promote the skills and specialisation of participating entities as well as their entry into new markets
- foster innovation, excellence, technology transfer between enterprises and academic bodies of the two countries, as well as international cooperation
- contribute to the increase of productivity, the country's economic competitiveness and the citizens' prosperity.
The main objectives of the Greece-China Transnational R&T Cooperation are:
- To proliferate cooperation and to strengthen relations between enterprises and research bodies of the two countries, to improve their competitiveness and internationalisation, to help Greek enterprises enter new markets
- To encourage the transfer of technology between enterprises and academic bodies of the two countries, and to develop new and improved competitive products/services at an international level.
- To improve the skills and specialisation of the entities, to create new jobs, to foster international cooperation and networking with European and international bodies
Also, this Action mainly seeks to encourage the private sector to undertake R&T activities and to increase the funding of R&T activities from proper funds in general.